Registration for the International Conference on Robotics and Automation 2018 (ICRA2018) is now open. Delegates may register for the Conference in full as per the categories and rates outlined below.
Please read all of the information below first. You must register before you can submit your final paper.
|Early bird registration||22 December 2017 – 28 February 2018|
|Standard registration||28 February 2018 – 21 May 2018|
|Onsite registration||21 May 2018 – 25 May 2018|
Closing of early and standard registrations (Online) are 23:59:00 US Pacific Time.
How to Register
Registration can be submitted by completing the online form above. Registration must be completed by 28 February 2018 to incur the early bird rates. After this date the rates will increase as per the table below.
All fees are quoted in Australian dollars and are inclusive of 10% Goods and Service Tax (GST).
Conference Registration (22 – 24 May 2018)
|Category||Early Bird||Standard||Onsite||Social Events||Breaks||Electronic Proceedings||Paper Uploads|
|IEEE Life Member||Free||*||*||*||–|
|IEEE Member||$1000 (AUD)||$1200 (AUD)||$1400
|IEEE Student Member||$600 (AUD)||$700
Conference fees listed are for access to the conference and social events as indicated, and also include morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea.
The Conference fees above excludes workshops and tutorials. Please see below for registration rates for workshops & tutorials.
Workshops/Tutorials Registration (21 May and 25 May only)
|IEEE Life Member||Free|
|IEEE Student Member||$100||$100||$100|
Workshop/tutorial fees listed are for access to workshops and tutorials on both days, and includes lunch and coffee breaks.
- Social events: Refers to the Welcome Reception (Monday 21 May), Conference Banquet at GOMA (Wednesday 23 May) and Farewell Reception (Thursday 24 May).
- Breaks: Refers to morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea for 22 – 24 May.
- Paper Uploads: In order to submit the final paper or video submission at least one of the authors must register in advance (See above). Authors are allowed to upload up to 2 contributions. Six pages including figures in standard IEEE conference paper format are allowed for each paper. You can purchase a maximum of two additional pages for each contribution at an extra fee of $220 AUD per page.
- IEEE Life Member (as defined by IEEE): In order to get an approval as a life member to upload any contributions , please contact IEEE.
- IEEE Student Member: In order to register as a student, select the appropriate student registration category during the online registration
- 1-day passes: Are valid only on Conference days (22 May – 24 May) and can only be purchased on site.
- If you wish to attend the main conference as well as the workshops/tutorials, you will need to register for both. Access to the main conference and workshops/tutorials will be strictly controlled and only delegates with valid badges/passes will be allowed entry to the respective areas.
|Additional page charge||$220 (AUD)||To avoid paying double extra page fees for papers accepted to both ICRA and RA-L, you should read and follow the detailed instructions in your acceptance letter.|
|Global Entrepreneur Dinner||$150
|Tickets to 3-course seated banquet dinner and drinks with guest speaker robotics pioneer Rodney Brooks can be purchased for Wednesday 23 May 2018.|
|Additional ticket to Welcome Reception|| $70
|Includes Welcome Reception (21 May) Only|
|Additional ticket to Conference Dinner at GOMA|| $100
|Includes Conference Dinner at GOMA (23 May) Only|
|Additional ticket to Farewell Reception|| $85
|Includes Farewell Reception (24 May) Only|
Go Event Travel Card
ICRA2018 delegates have the opportunity to purchase a Go Event Travel Card for ease of travel on the Brisbane public transport network. The Go Event Travel Card is specifically designed for conference delegates and allows delegates to pre purchase cards for unlimited zone travel throughout Brisbane during the Conference.
You can purchase your Go Event Travel Card through the online registration form. Your Go Event Travel card will be available for collection along with your name tag on site at ICRA2018.
- It’s valid across all TransLink zones in South East Queensland including Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast regions.
- Travel days can be used non-consecutively
- Unlimited travel
- No cash required, easy card touch on/off to electronic card reader
- Bus services from Coolangatta Airport on the Gold Coast are included.
- dedicated 24/7 call centre, user guide, comprehensive website and an extensive bus, train*, ferry and tram network
How does it work?
- Simply touch your card to a card reader at the start and end of their journey
- Travel as often as you like on buses, trains, trams and ferries
- There’s no need to worry about calculating fares or loading money onto the card
|Go Event Travel Card Type||Cost|
|3 day unlimited travel card||AUD 17 per person|
|4 day unlimited travel card||AUD 21 per person|
|5 day unlimited travel card||AUD 25 per person|
|6 day unlimited travel card||AUD 29 per person|
|7 day unlimited travel card||AUD 33 per person|
|8 day unlimited travel card||AUD 37 per person|
The ICRA2018 Secretariat has confirmed rooms at nearby hotels for the benefit of Conference participants. You are encouraged to secure your accommodation when you register to ensure that you receive competitive rates, negotiated for the Conference Accommodation can be booked via the registration form; please see the Accommodation page for more information.
Method of Payment
Registration can only be confirmed once payment is received.
Payment can be made by any of the following methods:
- Credit card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diners Club are accepted. If you are making a credit card payment from a country outside Australia, for security reasons you must first advise your banking institution of the impending charge and authorise them to allow the charge to Australia to go through. Please note that charges to your credit card will appear as being from “ICMS Australasia Pty Ltd” on your bank statement.
Early Bird Closes: 28 February 2018
Registrations received up to the 28 February 2018 deadline must be paid in full in order to receive the early bird registration rate.
Registration Cancellation Policy
Deadline: 20 April 2018
Cancellations must be notified in writing (e-mail is sufficient) to the Conference Secretariat. Cancellations made by 20 April 2018 will result in a full refund less AUD150 to cover administration costs. As an alternative to cancellation, your registration may be transferred to another person by 20 April 2018 without incurring any cost penalty. Refunds for cancellations received after 20 April 2018 will only be made in exceptional circumstances. Failure to obtain the appropriate visa to travel to Australia does not constitute a refund. The Conference Secretariat must be advised in writing of any alterations or transfers.
All best endeavours will be made to present the program as printed on this website. The Conference and its agents reserve the right to alter without prior notice, any of the arrangements, timetables, plans or other items relating to the meeting, for any cause beyond its reasonable control. The Organising Committee and the Conference Organisers are not liable for any loss or inconvenience caused as a result of such alteration. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Organising Committee and the Conference Organisers do not accept responsibility for loss of monies caused by delays. Participants are advised to take out personal travel insurance and to extend their policy to cover personal possessions. The Conference does not cover individuals against cancellations of bookings or theft or damage to belongings.
Please direct all registration enquiries to:
Registration & Accommodation
PO Box 3599
Brisbane Qld 4101
Ph: +61 (0) 7 3255 1002
Fax: +61 (0) 7 3255 1004