Paper summary (pitch) videos
Authors of papers will be required to submit a spotlight video through PaperPlaza. Spotlight videos have a later deadline than final papers and can be submitted up until midnight 9th March PST.
These videos will be available online to all conference delegates and organised as playlists indexed according to topic. The technical format of the video is:
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Framerate: 25
- Minimum height: 720 line resolution
- Duration: 180 seconds
- Size: maximum 20 Mbyte
- Video format: mpeg, mp4, mpg
- Scan type: progressive
All videos will be post-processed by the conference to add a stripe across the bottom which will give the pod coordinates and session time of your presentation. This stripe is below your video and will not obscure your frame. Vertical black stripes will be added to each side of the frame to maintain the aspect ratio.
The video must start with a standard title block which is similar in layout and appearance to your paper’s digest slide. It should be on screen for at least 5 seconds.
A good video should:
- Be engaging to the viewer, you want them to come to your interactive presentation
- Get quickly to the key message of your paper: the contribution and results
- Use animations and videos to get your point across, use captions or subtitles to help the viewer understand what they are seeing
- Use clear text and graphics
- Use clear narration in English language
Good videos should avoid:
- copyrighted images
- background music
- lengthy mathematical derivations, that’s what the paper is for
- broad summary of prior work, that’s what the paper is for